Monday, September 24, 2012

when bad dresses happen to good people (m)

Tuned in late to the Emmys last night. I see this yellow "thing" making its way across stage like a giant highlighter in an A-shape. Wait, "it" is talking! It's Julianne Moore, one of my favorite actresses in a hideous chartreuse dress that is wearing her. Color aside, the most objectionable part to me was the fact that it stuck out so stiffly.




It reminded me of something...something from my past. Ah, yes. My Italian relatives used to crochet toilet paper covers in the shape of little dolls.




3 comments:

  1. absolutely hysterical...you are too much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I knew you liked toilet paper covers I would have saved you some from when I cleaned out Aunt X's house...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not just an Italian thing. My Jewish grandmother had a pink one in her bathroom. She also (made by the same friend) had one with a dog's head to put over a wine bottle which she kept on a chest in the dining room. Actually looking at this picture brought back some good memories. Thanks for posting!
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete