Tuesday, September 11, 2012

getting a crown, not a tiara (lyn)


I return to Dr. Lazare, who has since moved to a new office.  It is state-of-the-art, and Zen-like.  His assistant, Gabrielle, offers me something to drink, and asks which I’d prefer: TV or music.  I choose Maroon Five  (she asked for specificity) and request nitrous oxide (despite today’s procedure being painless).  Why not get high legally if one can? Soon I am happily drifting away, mouth open wide, listening to Adam Levine.

An hour later I am leaving.  All goes well, and I come back in three weeks for the actual crown placement.  Before leaving, we evolve into a discussion of veneers.  For about $10,000, Dr. Lazare can re-do my smile by putting veneers on my four upper front teeth and whitening them overall.  He shows me before and after pictures of people whose teeth he has done.

I leave wanting a new smile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment