Thursday, September 20, 2012

full disclosure (lyn)


Yesterday I go to a Dolce & Gabbana sample sale; everything was 70% to 90% off.  I get there two hours after it opens, and the line is a block long.  I wait about an hour, reading the paper and playing Words With Friends. 

There are racks and racks of clothes, shoes, and accessories. People and clothes everywhere.  I came with a specific purchase in mind.  A purple leopard scarf from last season that I loved but couldn’t afford.  It’s not there.  But I find another scarf I like and a pencil wool skirt.  The line to check out is longer than the line to get in.  That’s my first incentive not to buy the items in hand.  My second incentive is that I would have to admit to slipping twice in my effort to buy no clothes from September 6th (when I made the pledge) to September 30, when the month ends.  I return the skirt and scarf to the racks and walk out empty-handed, and feeling good.

But then, I’m lying in bed late last night with my iPad and go looking for the scarf again. This time I find it.  It’s on the Dolce & Gabbana site for 40% off.  I buy it. 


So, do I really need to count this as another lapse, since this was a leftover must-have from last year?  I guess I know the answer; that’s why I’m posting this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment