Thursday, September 27, 2012

a missed night out (lyn)


Six of us are meeting for dinner to celebrate Zelia’s birthday.  We know each other through our sons, who were all classmates at Horace Mann; now they are all college sophomores.

Last November when we got together to celebrate Pam’s birthday, a fight broke out between two of the guests. They haven’t spoken since.  It was a relief when one of them had to be out of town tonight.  And I thought this only happened in high school!

When I was younger, I used to think that by a certain age (maybe 20?), everyone’s boobs would even out and be the same size.  I was either stupid or grossly naïve. I also thought by the time I reached 60, my emotions would not be similar to the ones I had at 16.  But fights among girlfriends still occasionally happen.

Yesterday I sent an email to everyone, as I’m the one arranging tonight’s dinner. I look forward to it all day.  And then…unexpectedly, I start to feel sick.  Last night I felt nauseous and attributed it to eating too much.  But then I feel the same way today.  I think the feeling will go away but it doesn’t. 

I eat a bland dinner and stay in.

No comments:

Post a Comment