Friday, September 28, 2012

possible reason for cable cost increases (lyn)


Let me start with this.  My mom is a smart woman; she knows a lot about a lot of things.  But electronics isn’t one of them.

I’m talking to her this morning, and she tells me the cable guy is coming. The rest of the conversation goes something like this.

Me:  Why, what’s wrong?
My mom:  I’m not getting the HD channels in my bedroom.
Me:  I don’t think you have HD on that TV.
My mom:  Yes I do; I have the same box as I do in the living room.
Me:  Ya, but the TV has to have HD, not just the cable box.  Don’t you have an old TV in your bedroom… the one with a big back?
My mom:  Ya, but I’m pretty sure it has HD.

Why she would think that, I have no idea.  

The cable guy arrives and tells my mother her TV doesn’t transmit in HD.  “But it’s not a wasted trip,” she later tells me.  “He gave me a new remote.”

No comments:

Post a Comment