Saturday, September 1, 2012

a gawjuss Cape day (lyn)


Wake up from a great night’s sleep.  What a difference a good mattress makes!

I spend the morning hanging out with my dad, while my sister and brother-in-law go on a bike ride, and my mom runs errands.  We have our first good talk in a long time.  He’ll be 89 in September, and knows that his life is slowing down.  He no longer can do the things he once did, but yet is appreciative of all that he’s experienced.  He adores his wife, is happy where he lives, has had good health, and cherishes his daughters, their husbands, and his six grandchildren.  He has no regrets, and has never been a man who thinks in terms of if only’s. My dad has lived a good life.

I get to the beach around 11, where my mom and sister later join me.  The weather is perfect.  Breezy, sunny, and cloudless. 

And dinner is my favorite:  lobster.


No comments:

Post a Comment