Sunday, September 9, 2012

miss my cake (lyn)


Back in 2010, when I started going to Weight Watchers, I discovered the perfect dessert.  Every Wednesday, I would buy two slices of angel food cake (one with lemon frosting and one with chocolate) at a bakery near my WW class.  I learned that angel food is low in both calories and fat.

The bakery is about a mile from my house, so when I stopped going to WW regularly, I stopped going to the bakery.  But today, it being such a gorgeous day, I take an early morning walk.

My favorite cashier is still there.  She tells me that the bakery is no longer making the angel food cake.  Apparently, I was their only customer.  Instead, they are trying out angel food cupcakes…with significantly less frosting (I suppose that's good) AND substanially less cake (which is definitely not good).  The price is 25 cents less than it was before while the product is about 80% less (and I am not exaggerating).  I buy two anyway, but leave disappointed.

It’s like finding out your favorite lipstick color has been discontinued. Its replacement color is close but not quite the same thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment