Sunday, September 2, 2012

once in a blue moon (lyn)


According to Wikipedia, “A blue moon is the appearance of the fourth full moon in a season that has four full moons, instead of the usual three.  It is never visually blue.”  On August 31, there was a blue moon.

This has been a glorious five day vacation. 
  • Spectacular weather every single day
  • Zero fights in a household where there usually are a few
  • A true heart-to-heart conversation with my dad
  • My mom agreeing (with no argument) to purchase two new mattresses and box springs
  • My mom suggesting a dinner of two pound lobsters for everyone
  • A comfortable night’s sleep in new beds
  • The AC set at 71 (at night) with everyone agreeing on the temperature
  • A successful (if you count finding a perfect white blouse from Transit successful) trip to Maxwells
  • Compliments from my dad (“You look beautiful today,” when I didn’t)
  • Low tide in the afternoon
  • And most importantly, actually beating my mom in a game of gin (but then she came back and beat me in the following two games)

This blue moon cast its spell.  The next one won’t occur until July 31, 2015.  I hope we won’t have to wait that long to again feel its magical affects.

No comments:

Post a Comment