Friday, September 21, 2012

huh (m)

Susan calls.  Can I do lunch today?

I am walking towards the restaurant and I hear someone call my name.  It's Kelly, the mother of one of my son H's friends.  She's meeting someone at the same restaurant.


Walk into the restaurant and I hear someone call my name.  It's Gail, the mother of another one of H's friends from the same 8th grade class.  Interesting.  Is she meeting Kelly for lunch?  No, she's here with someone else.


Go into the line to order a salad and I see Amy, another one of the mothers from H's 8th grade class.  She is here with Kelly for lunch.  What an odd pairing, I think.  I never even knew them to talk to one another.


Tonight, I realize we are out of water, Gatorade and soup...H's staples.  I check the time: 9:36 p.m.  I just make it to the Star Market before it closes at 10.  I'm racing through the aisles like that old game show, Supermarket Sweep, when I hear someone call my name.


It's Delores.  One of the mothers of one of Harrison's friends from 8th grade.


I haven't seen Kelly, Amy and Gail in years.  I last saw Delores early this summer.


Bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment