Sunday, September 23, 2012

a play called cock (lyn)


Another gorgeous fall day.  I walk over six miles and feel good; the headphones really do make a difference.

I go to the Columbus Avenue Fair with Zelia, and am attracted to all the local vendors selling food.  The clothes and jewelry hold no appeal.  I end up buying only raspberry jam.

Next, I walk down to Broadway and meet Jill to see Cock, an award-winning play from London.  The four-character play is performed in the round, with no props, no set, and not much in the way of costumes.  Still, it is riveting.  One reviewer summed it up this way, “Shock value of the title aside, Cock feels just how good Off Broadway theater should: intimate in scope but tackling the big questions about how we live.”

If all theater were this compelling, I could maybe get Alexander to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment