Thursday, September 13, 2012

reply all (lyn)


Gail sends me a video of Jimmy Fallon doing a spot on imitation of James Taylor. It is hilarious.  I send it out to 14 friends, with the note:

Regardless of your political views, this is really really funny.

To make you smile…James Taylor Sings "Romney & Bain" 


If I get a response at all, the one I expect is something like, “Pretty funny.  Thanks for sending.”  Or as one friend wrote, “This made my morning. I am sick of the political fighting among my friends already but man this made me smile.  Love it.”

But that was the only email I received of this kind.  Instead, my email generated a total of 33 responses (I counted).
  • Some expressing their political preferences for Obama or Romney.
  • Some pointedly disagreeing with what others wrote about their political preferences.
  • Some annoyed about the “reply all” that everyone seemed to be doing.
  • Some sent just to me wondering who so-and-so was who wrote such-and-such.
  • And one asking to be deleted from any more multiple-friend mailings. 

Geez; I thought everyone would just laugh.

I learned two things:
  • People take politics very seriously.
  • Never hit reply all.

No comments:

Post a Comment