Wednesday, October 24, 2012

trouble losing a few pounds (lyn)


I leave M’s around 7:15, and make an earlier bus than planned.  I am back in New York around 1:30 on Monday.  The Bolt Bus takes an unusual route and comes down the eastside, passing a block from my apartment.  The driver is not permitted to make unscheduled stops (I ask of course, but don’t argue).   Because he is not allowed to stop, 75 minutes are added to my trip.

I drop my stuff off, wash my face, put on some makeup, and hurry to meet Gail for lunch at Barney’s. Gail looks relaxed and beautiful, her blond locks perfectly coiffed.  By contrast, I look harried with limp hair, unwashed since Friday.  She’s a good friend and tells me I look good anyway (I don’t).  The menus arrive and I order a pumpkin pasta dish, not even considering the healthier options.  Following lunch, we see a screening of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.  Before going home, I stop at 16 Handles and get “dinner.”

Tuesday I spend the entire day returning calls, paying bills, going through mail, unpacking, and doing other mundane tasks.  I eat little in consideration of how much I have been eating.  At night, I have a BAFTA Screening Committee meeting.  It’s a 90-minute meeting that should be 60.  I am starving by the time I get home.  I have two pieces of pizza.

Get up this morning and see--- surprise, surpise--- I have lost no weight since the month began. 

No comments:

Post a Comment