Sunday, October 14, 2012

don't make this soup (lyn)


I love squash soup.  Easy to make, delicious, and lo-cal.  In an effort to broaden my soup-making skills, I decide to try something different.  Carrot soup.

I buy two containers of shredded carrots, add garlic, fresh dill, seasoning, ginger, chicken broth and a little oil.  The result is a lumpy looking orange soup.  It tastes bland, and its texture is unappealing.  I put six covered bowls in my refrigerator; lunch for the week.

On day one I have the carrot soup and try to convince myself it’s good.  On day two I have something else for lunch, telling myself I’m just not in the mood for soup.  On day three I sit down with the soup again.  I have a few spoonfuls and admit it’s horrible.  I dump the remaining four bowls. 

But I still like carrot cake...if only it had the same calorie count as the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment