Friday, October 12, 2012

birth dad (m)

I went to grammar school with the son of a mobster.  The kid's father was always in trouble with the law.  Once, when the father was sent to jail, the son made up a story that the father was pregnant and that he was in the hospital being analyzed as he was the first male ever to be with child.

This fascinated me for the brief period of time I believed it to be true... before the nuns slapped the truth out of the kid. 


I haven't thought about men giving birth since.


Until today.


I get an email from a neighbor.  It’s a birth announcement.  Her daughter-in-law and son have given birth to a little girl.  

There are two photos attached.  The first is of the daughter-in-law and the new baby.  The baby looks cute but I can’t take my eyes off the daughter-in-law who is naked except for a blanket covering up her private parts.  Really?  This is what you send to people?



I’m afraid to open the second image but, like motorists slowing down on a highway to peek at an accident, I do. 

This one is of the SON.  He’s also NAKED from the waist up, covered in the same type of hospital-issue blanket.

I’ve heard of sympathetic  pregnancies where the husband gains weight along with the wife, but what went on here?  A sympathetic labor and delivery?  Why is he NAKED?  It's a tender picture, but still.


I will send a baby gift…along with some tee shirts for the parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment