Thursday, October 11, 2012

a drug recommendation (lyn)


I must have the driest legs in the universe.  I have tried everything…from inexpensive drugstore brands, to the too-greasy, but effective Aquaphor, to the very expensive Le Mer, to the lovely grapefruit-smelling Joe Malone, and even to a prescription “skin barrier emulsion” called EpiCeram. 

I have researched the web, and the best I could find for dry skin was Dermalogica’s body hydrating cream.  It’s good, but not great.

The other day at my dermatologist’s, I state the obvious again.   “My legs are so dry and flaky.”   This time she says, “I’ll write you a prescription for Hylatopic Plus.  It has no steroids.  I don’t even understand why it requires a prescription but it does.  I have been using it for months; it’s great.”  With the prescription, she hands me a $25 coupon.


I go to the pharmacy; it costs me $25.  Plus, it’s not a tiny little tube like my last prescription cream.  It’s big and even has a pump.

I love this product.  And my legs are no longer dry.  The waxy, flaky look is gone.  Forever, I hope.

2 comments:

  1. best to use it when your legs are damp (from the shower) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete