Friday, November 23, 2012

the day after (lyn)

My mom is serving brunch at 11:30.  It's remarkable that we could all be hungry again.  I grab some photos before eating.


with Alexander
with Valerie, my mom, and Jean
Adam
Jim begins to prepare two dozen eggs when he's told that won't be enough.  He's encouraged to add another two dozen, and does so reluctantly.  "We'll never finish all of them," he says.  

Jim makes all the eggs and they are all eaten, along with bagels, lox, cream cheese, and three different breakfast breads that Jean has made (pumpkin chocolate chip, banana, and banana chocolate chip).


Jim cooking with Jean inspiring

I take a few more photos before we leave for Mashpee Commons.


Valerie and Abbey

with Alexander
Once there, we immediately need to re-fuel at Starbucks.
Amanda

Michael 

I come home to lose a game of gin to my mom; everyone else sees a movie.
 

By seven, we are all back and we are all hungry.  Again.  We sip red wine, and eat a monster sized salad and a lasagna that Jean has made.  There are no leftovers.  Surprise.  Surprise.  This is a skinny, big-eating crowd.







Jean with her lasagna


For dessert, we celebrate the three November-December birthdays (Alexander, Sally and Adam) with an ice-cream cake, wishing Happy Birthday to All.



Then I take a few shots... 

Jim
Abbey and Jason

Amanda and Jason


Until Sally yells at me to stop.


Sally




3 comments:

  1. Do you know what Jean uses to make such a beautiful and tasty-looking salad? I would love to know the ingredients . . . I should eat one of these every day . . .

    Wow. It looks just great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, my mom made the salad...just romaine cut up, mixed in with some bagged, pre-washed lettuce. I think a few onions, and tomatoes were thrown in. But Jean amde the light dressing, and that made the salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I will do it just like that! It looks yummy!!! And thanks to your Mom and Jean, too!! . .

    ReplyDelete