Saturday, November 3, 2012

slow-twitch man in a fast-twitch city (m)

My husband and I talk about getting an apartment in NYC someday.  Not to live all year round, but to live part of the year.  Maybe Italy the rest of the time.

I have some concerns with this plan.  The primary one is that T and New York operate on polar ends of the spectrum in terms of pace.

My husband is very methodical and deliberate.  Ask him a question and he will turn to face you, consider the question, think through the answer and give you a well-considered response.

New York is a jungle.  Eat or be eaten.

This clash of cultures became strikingly apparent to me when T volunteers to hail a cab for us on Fifth Avenue.



We don't get that cab.  Or any cab.  We walk to our next destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment