Tuesday, November 27, 2012

cedric (lyn)



Like most people, I am always searching for the perfect cut. 

A few weeks ago, Robyn mentions that her friend Elise has a great stylist.  His name is Cedric, and his salon is called AKA Cedric.  She even gives me a 30% off coupon.  I schedule an appointment.

It’s a miserable day for a haircut.




Cedric’s salon, despite being on the second floor of a high rise in an industrial neighborhood, is sleek and modern.


Cedric is charming.  He was born in Turkey, grew up in Belgium, and has lived in the US for 14 years.  He asks about me.  He says it helps when considering how to style my hair.  I ask him to tell me what he thinks just by looking at me.  He says, “You want a no-fuss hairstyle.  You seem to live a busy life and don’t want to spend a lot of time on your hair.  I think he adds the busy-life part to be nice, when what he really means is, “Your hair looks unstyled; like you just got up and left the house.“

Cedric spends time on my hair.  He was a top stylist in Belgium, then came here and trained at Frederick Fekkai.  He is an artist.  I can tell the by the way he angles my hair, and cuts it with precision.  I like watching him.

before
after

I never like my hair the first day after a cut, but I can tell I’ve gotten a good one.  The back looks especially great.



Cedric gives me a few 30% off coupons for new customers, so let me know if you want to try him out.  He really is talented, even if my before and after pictures look pretty much the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment