Monday, November 26, 2012

a successful cyber monday (lyn)


I return almost everything I bought over Thanksgiving.

The Nespresso Machine that was 25% off provided enough coffee for a sip.  I return it to William Sonoma still in its unopened shipping box.

I return my digital meat thermometer because I no longer need it.  The one I bought last January had stopped working.  But after reading the great customer service stories online about ThermoWorks, the maker of my $19 thermometer, I call them. Without much of an explanation on my end, Mark quickly says, "Gee; your thermometer shouldn't break after only a few months. I’ll send you a new one.” 

My Skadoosh iPad holder by Jadu breaks at M’s house.  Or so I think.  I write to the company and within a day, Jazzy (yes, that’s her name) writes back with concise instructions on how to fix my problem.  Jazzy and her husband Dustin run this small company.  Today I return my replacement iPad holder from William Sonoma.

And finally, I return my unopened Chanel lipstick, deciding I don’t really need another one.

I relax with Shari for an afternoon screening of Celeste and Jesse Forever.  The only thing remaining from my Thanksgiving purchases is the big bag of milk chocolate-filled-with vanilla Lindt truffles.  Too bad I can't return them; if I could, I'd save 210 calories a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment