Sunday, November 11, 2012

happy birthday baby (lyn)


Today Alexander turns 20.  

I won’t bother writing the clichés of how quickly time has passed, and how it feels like yesterday that I held him for the first time.  But all this is true.  I think the early years of motherhood never feel that far away.  It is truly magical.  
First Thanksgiving, 1992, 15 days old

I remember taking Alexander home from the hospital, and checking on him constantly.  I was in awe of him, and of the miracle that created him.  He seemed so fragile and tiny at under 7 pounds.  I loved being a mother to him then, and it is my greatest joy now. 

We no longer have big birthday parties, but I'm glad to still have the memories of them.

1996, Soho Fire Museum, turning 4


1997, sports party at the Y, and celebrating turning 5
1998, turning 6
1999, turning 7
2000, turning 8


 I love you baby boy.

2012











No comments:

Post a Comment