Friday, December 28, 2012

dinner at home (lyn)


About a year ago I received a gorgeous flame-colored Le Creuset wok as a gift from Gail.  It looks like a piece of art.  The wok was totally unexpected and extraordinarily generous.  Tonight, I use it to make a healthy dinner for Alexander and me.

I go to Agata this afternoon and buy cut vegetables of carrots, red and yellow peppers, sugar snaps, onions, mushrooms, broccoli and asparagus.  I use up my remaining frozen jumbo shrimp from Costco, about 20 pieces. 

I’m not sure exactly what to do, so I refer to an email Gail sent me soon after I received the wok.  And then I ad-lib as follows:

  • Heat some grape oil at a high temperature
  • Add a bit of Classic Stir Fry Sauce from House of Tsang
  • Throw in all the vegetables
  • Add salt and pepper
  • Sauté and cover for two minutes or so
  • Add the shrimp
  • Throw in a bit of KAME’s Duck Sauce
  • Sauté and cover for another two minutes
  • Serve

The meal takes under ten minutes to make.  The blend of sauces is superb; the vegetables are all crisp; and the shrimp is not overcooked.  We eat every last bit while watching Homeland, Season Two, Episode Three. Alexander does his best translation of the show’s Arabic.  It’s the perfect dinner in every way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment