Saturday, December 8, 2012

a must-see movie (lyn)


I meet Jill in midtown to see a screening of Quentin Tarentino’s new film, Django Unchained.  While I was home sick, I imagine thousands and thousands of filled buses enter Manhattan, depositing millions of slow-moving people onto Fifth Avenue.  The sidewalks are unwalkable. 

I make it over to the theater where the screening is being held.  I secure my favorite seats at this theater, front row balcony.  Jill arrives; we talk for ten minutes, and the movie starts.  We are mesmerized for almost three hours.  Django is transporting, from its gorgeous opening to its humorous close.  Its cinematography is breathtaking.  The characters are memorable.  It is both hilarious and brutal. At times my eyes reflectively closed.  The violence is jaw-dropping.  The music is brilliant.  The acting is award-worthy.  In short, this film is a brilliant, crazy, sweeping story that absolutely should not be missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment