Wednesday, August 15, 2012

misplaced blame (lyn)

A little bit of background
Since losing 40 pounds two years ago, I am careful about my weight.  Not compulsive exactly, but careful.

I no longer weigh food; I no longer avoid pastas; and I no longer track everything I eat.  But I do step on my scale every morning; it keeps me in check.

In mid-July, I got a fabulous remnant rug for my bedroom.  It looks exactly like the threadbare one it replaced.  The morning after the rug-layers left, I stepped on my scale.  I was 123 pounds three days prior, and then I was a miraculous104. I keep my scale under my bed, so the guys from ABC Rug had to have moved it to lay the rug.  I call Conair and another miracle…the rep I speak to tells me to mail back the broken scale and they will replace it.  I guess scales have a lifetime guarantee at Conair.

Back to today
So for the past three weeks, I have not been able to weigh myself.  I have been eating …shall we say… more liberally.  As if I’m on vacation.  I know I’ve gained weight; I can feel it.

Yesterday, my scale finally arrives.  It’s been almost four weeks.  I am nervous.  I unpack it, place it on my bedroom rug, step on it, open my eyes to look, and wow, I am 110.  Impossible.  I try again.  Now I am 104.  Hmmm.

I take the new scale and place it on my hardwood floor and try.  This time I am 125.6, up 2.6, not good but not horrible.  I like to be 122-123.

Conclusions
Number one:  My old rug was masquerading as a floor.  
And number two:  I guess Conair doesn't test returned items.

No comments:

Post a Comment