Sunday, August 26, 2012

wish I were there (lyn)

It’s a gorgeous day.  I have nothing to do.  I have a free ride to anywhere I want to go in the city (Robyn has given me her monthly metro card to use).  I decide to get some color.

I get out the small beach chair I bought last year for just such a day.  I have to unload my entire closet to get to it, and in the process decide to clean it.  I pack up a towel, my suntan stuff, lunch (yogurt and blueberries), two books (I plan on staying a while), and leave.

I find a nice green spot in Central Park, five blocks from my apartment.  I arrive at 12:45 and the Park is already filled.  Families.  Sunbathers,  Dogs.  Adorable little boys playing ball with their dads.  It’s a lovely scene.

I settle in.  Within fifteen minutes I am hot, hungry, and bored.  I make myself stay for 60 minutes (I have to justify the monumental effort to get the chair out), and come home.

I have one blinking message.  It’s from my mother.



Just four more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment