Friday, August 24, 2012

a no-tan summer (lyn)


The only thing I really like about summer is getting tan and sitting by the ocean, reading.  This summer I’ve been reading in my living room, no water in sight.

Now I know this is a good thing.  I know the sun is bad for you.  I know that when I am at the beach, I should slather on high-numbered sunblock and even then, sit under an umbrella with a hat on.  But I don’t.  Having some color makes me feel and look better.

This summer I am the same color I am in mid-winter.  I have not been to a beach or a pool since my four-day trip to the Cape over July 4th.  I listen with envy to my friends’ trips to the Hamptons, Costa Rica, France, Capri and even the Galapagos.  I’ve gone nowhere.

But I am going back to the Cape next week where I'll try to cram a season of sun into a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment