Friday, August 17, 2012

dinner at Capital Grille (lyn)

We leave our house at 7 to meet Shari and her son Sam.  As we are walking the one block to the bus stop, the blue sky turns dark.  Soon, the light rain has become a torrential downpour. I imagine sitting through dinner in cold, wet clothes.

We board the bus and I take a picture of Alexander listening to music.  

Alexander on the M15 bus
He tells me it’s against the law to use a flash on the bus.  I think he’s making this up.  Then he adds, “And besides, it’s really annoying to the other people on the bus.”  Hearing that, people around us spontaneously yell out, “No it’s not.”  Someone actually says, “I  think it’s sweet.”  Then, to my son’s horror, a couple nearby offers to take a picture of us.  To appear nice, he lets them.


By the time we get off the bus, about 15 minutes later, no one is walking with umbrellas. 

Dinner is excellent.  Restaurant week has been extended to restaurant month, and our 3-course meal, at $35, includes: a huge strip steak, bone-in and coated with some delicious coffee rub; a Caesar salad; mashed potatoes; creamed spinach; and an espresso chocolate flourless cake (which we take home).  

To appease me, everyone reluctantly agrees to a couple of pictures.



Tomorrow my son leaves.  I will miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment