Tuesday, August 28, 2012

anti-aging must-haves (lyn)


I have this big credit from Sephora, and just in time, today I see a segment on the TODAY show for the best anti-aging products tested by Good Housekeeping.  I won’t post all the results, just the ones I might eventually buy.

Here are the articles:


http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/product-reviews/beauty-products/

And here are the ones I am considering over time.  Clearly my big credit at Sephora is not big enough to cover them all.

Best Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15+
Chanel Ultra Correction Lift Lifting Firming Day Cream SPF 15 ($150)
(Though I doubt I can give up Le Mer).

Best for Under Eye Dark Circles
Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles
Treatment Concealer ($10, drugstores; six shades) lived up to its name...not sure I need this one, but it might be worth the $10 to try it.

Best Make-up Sheer to Medium Coverage
The luxe Chanel Lift Lumière Firming and Smoothing Fluid Makeup SPF 15 ($65, chanel.com; eight shades)
Earned the only perfect lab score for firming, as well as high marks for moisturizing. Women raved about its natural, subtle coverage and smooth texture.

Best Primer
Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiageing Age Reversing Face Primer
 ($33, Sephora), a silicone-free smoother, helped makeup go on more easily and last longer. The lab gave it top marks for firming.
Testers said: "It did add a smoother look to foundation. And it also gave my skin a nice look and feel without foundation." "It seemed to even out my skin tone and reduce the redness around my cheeks."

Best Lipstick
Dior Rouge Serum SPF 20 ($34, department stores; 10 shades)
Was the standout for volunteers who raved about its moisturizing and smoothing qualities.
Testers said: "I absolutely loved this lipstick! I adored the colors, and it was so silky. It kept my lips moisturized the entire time I was wearing it."
I already use DIor's sheer lipsticks; they are my favorite.

Best Lip Pencil
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil ($19, Sephora; 10 shades)
Took top honors, thanks to its smooth texture plus how well it defined lips and nixed feathering.
Testers said: "Absolutely loved this product. I am throwing out my other lipliners."

Best Eye Shadow
Creamy MAC Paint Pot ($18, MAC stores; nine shades)
Won points with consumers and in the lab for lasting all day and resisting creasing. Testers liked that it was smudge-resistant, yet still easy to remove.
Testers said: "So easy to apply and not have to worry about it wearing off during the course of the day." "It's budge-proof!"
Tip: For cream eye shadow, use a brush with synthetic bristles (they don't absorb shadow, for easier blending).



1 comment:

  1. Anti-aging is something that cannot be cured but it sure can be prevented with the best Anti ageing treatment. If signs of ageing have started to appear on to your skin then fear not, many anti-aging treatments are available out there that can make you get your beauty face.If you need Anti-Aging Therapy ,Botox Injections,all other beauty cosmetics and any information.
    Please “Click Here
    ”follow this “Link” and “find out more”

    Anti aging solutions

    ReplyDelete